Sunday, August 28, 2016

Hi everyone! My name is Maddie Switzer and I am a sophomore at Washburn. I am from St. Louis, Missouri and have two older brothers. I decided to come to Washburn because I it was a good size especially the classes. Also, the tuition was much lower than my other college options. I am double majoring in Theater and Mass Media with an emphasis of film and video.

I love theatre, it has been my passion since I was a little kid. I did shows as often as I could. I love to act on stage and to do all the back stage work. Going to the movie theatres is one of my favorite things to do. Seeing a movie is a good way to escape the world. After I see a movie that I love I go home and do as much research on the film making process. It’s interesting the way movies are made and all that goes into it.


If I could do anything with my life it would to travel the world. Fall of 2017, I am doing Semester at Sea witch is a study abroad program that goes to 13 different countries. Traveling is a great way to learn about different kinds of cultures and their history. Seeing the world is an eye opening experience that makes you see the world differently.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous that you'll be doing Semester at Sea! That was on my college bucket list, but alas, no dice. Happy to have you in class!

    ReplyDelete