Saturday, August 27, 2016

Antonia Grubbs

Hey! My name is Antonia Grubbs. I am 20 years old. I am a Junior at Washburn. I was born and raised here in Topeka. For my freshman year of college I attended Allen County Community College in Iola, Kansas where I was a Cheerleader. For my Sophomore year of college, I was offered a scholarship to cheer at Independence Community college in Independence, Kansas. I stayed for the first semester, and decided to transfer to Washburn for the second semester. So far my experience at Washburn has been pleasant. I am a Graphic Design major working towards my BFA. I have always been had great interest in art ever since I could remember. I also love to draw. It is actually one of my favorite hobbies. I've been drawing ever since I could pick up a pencil. In high school, I took some multimedia classes where I was introduced to software like adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator, inDesign, etc. This is where I developed a new love for digital art. I have always been very "tech-savy", so learning how to use these programs weren't that challenging to me. It opened up an entire new door for me to be creative in ways I could never imagine. I am taking Mass Media Boot Camp because I honestly think that this class could very much help me with my career in Graphic Design, as well as be something that I believe I will actually enjoy. Another hobby I have is being a YouTuber. I do Makeup and Hair Tutorials. I am also a model. I am a runway and print model. This is something that I have always dreamed of doing. It is now a reality for me. I love it. I hope to go as far as I can with it. The First picture is of me is a "behind the scenes" shot of a photoshoot after a fashion show.





Fun Fact: Joseph Galvan,who is also in this class, is also my boyfriend of 4 years. I drew the picture on the lower right of us with charcoal and graphite.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Your entrepreneurial spirit shines through in this post, as does your passion for art. I can relate to both. Here's to a great semester!

    ReplyDelete