Sunday, August 28, 2016

Christopher Gomez

Hello, My name is Christopher Gomez, but I go by either Chris or Gomez. I am from Shawnee, Kansas which is a city within Johnson County and hour east of Topeka. I love history and geography and pretty much can name any country just by looking at the shape of it if you were to point it out on a map for me. As I said before I love history, and that's because when I was a kid all I would do was read books about people of times before us and their successes and failures and that peaked my interest a lot. I'm also interested in soccer and I play the sport constantly with my friends on or off campus. My major is Mass Media with an emphasis on Film and Video. The reason why I chose to pursue this course is because I love the process of making videos and how they work and how they can get information across to the masses. I made videos when I was a kid and that is what got me really interested in it. Why I chose to come to Washburn was because the affordability of classes and how close it was to my home and also because I have family here in the city that I get to see often now compared to before I came here to go to university. So far I like the classes I have and the atmosphere on campus, it seems like a really good fit for me here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! I am envious of your mad geography skills. Knowing where different countries are is something that I genuinely want to be better at, but just can't seem to get down. I'll keep working on it, I guess. Thanks for the intro!

    ReplyDelete