Saturday, August 27, 2016

Erica Faulkinbury


Hello everyone. My name is Erica Faulkinbury. I’m a junior, majoring in Mass Media (emphasis in Creative Advertising) and Graphics Technology. I am a non-traditional student, which for those of you who don’t know what that means, in my case, it means that I took some time out of high school to explore the real world before coming to college, which also means that I’m probably about a decade older than most of you. The reason I chose Washburn was because I attended Washburn Tech’s Graphic Design program, so the transition was quite easy, to say the least, since I was already well acquainted with how the University runs.


So let’s see, what are some other interesting things about me? I am originally from California (LA area), I moved to Topeka when I was in middle school.  I practiced and taught martial arts for over 10 years, which were some of the best years of my life, my students were amazing. About five years ago, I spent a short time living in Honolulu, Hawaii, which so much fun!  Currently one of my most favorite thing about myself is my job, I am a Graphic Designer, which is obviously thanks to WU Tech. At the present moment I do free-lance work and work for WU Student Media in the advertising department, which is a blessing since they work around class schedules. Finally, I am pretty much obsessed with my dog. She is a 12 ½ year old rat terrier named Zoe Anne. She is my world and has helped me through some pretty difficult times in my life. ­­


Now for some of my interests. I am a HUGE Harry Potter “nerd”, I can quote the movies almost line for line, and yes I admit I hated, and at the time ranted, about how they left out or changed major scenes from the books to the movies. I also have watched Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, and The Divergent Series at least a dozen or more times. Something I like doing, besides watching movies is, that I love the KC Renaissance Festival. I go at least two to three times during the season. This year, in May, I was able to go there for Keg n’ Eggs for the first time. It was a very unique experience to say the least.
That pretty much sums me up, and I am really looking forward to learning a lot in this class this semester. J

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like we have very similar tastes in literature, and in case I haven't said this already (hah) I am also a giant Harry Potter fan! Thanks for your intro and I hope you enjoy the semester!

    ReplyDelete